I talk all the time about “the HOW” when it comes to beginning or continuing to heal your relationship to money, so I thought I’d take a step back.
Why should you even care about looking, let alone consciously taking steps toward healing, your relationship to money?
- It directly affects your current financial situation, both personally and your business. Don’t like what you currently see, or working towards a change? Start at the root. You should be looking at your relationship to money in order to facilitate the changes you want to see in your financial situation.
- It directly affects your ability to create in this life. When we have an unhealthy relationship to money, it can be hard to take risks and know that we’re supported. Equally hard to get outside of our comfort zone when feeling uncertain of the future. A healthy relationship to money allows you to view money as the tool it is, and to move forward with money no longer being the end goal but as one (of many tools) to support us on our path.
- To FEEL BETTER, by healing the emotional attachment so many of us have to money. I mean, who doesn’t want to feel more at ease and at home within their own bodies? So, what could being emotionally attached to money look like in your life?
- Your happiness and overall mood swings up and down right along with your bank account balance, you can’t be happy unless you have $XXX in the bank. And as soon as it gets below (or above) your comfort level, your emotional states shift immediately.
- You can’t relax and enjoy yourself in the present moment until you have $XXX in the bank or have some form of “steady” income coming your way. Only allowing yourself to “let go” once you’ve done enough to ensure your “safety”.
- Your energy or drive in your everyday life is dictated by how much (or how little) you’re bringing into your business. Allowing what you see to be the dictator of how your work in your business is flowing.
Does any of the above resonate with you where you are in your life? After looking at the above list, where does looking at your relationship to money stand in your priorities? One way to start looking at where you stand in your relationship to money is to bring hyper awareness to your thoughts, patterns, judgments, habitual spending patterns and beliefs about money.
How might this hyper awareness look? Paying attention to your thoughts and judgments about *other people* and their money. What do you judge people for? What do you criticize, look down upon or generally disagree with? There’s a lot to be uncovered and healed when we begin to look at what we judge in things outside of ourselves. The more you become aware of the subconscious programming and conditioning going on by paying attention to all of these things, the more you can begin to make different choices. And allow the healing path to unfold before you.
Share your thoughts below. And as always, reach out [firstname.lastname@example.org] or click here to see how I can support you and your business on this healing and transformational path.
Darcie supports high-achieving professionals align with their BIG visions, by getting them out of their heads and into their bodies. By more deeply connecting with themselves and learning how to work with the energy of money to move towards their dreams with ease and alignment.
Her work and mission is guided by both the practical and energetic aspects of money. Her experience as a CPA for over a decade helps her to understand the practical tools, processes and support needed in both businesses and personal finances. Her training and experience as an energy worker helps her to uncover and shift the unseen pieces of your relationship to money. Recognizing the importance of integrating both pieces in order to live a life that works WITH money in order to align ourselves to receive what we want in life.